Klikr universal IR emitters
Almost at the opposite side of the Harmony concept with the centralized smart hub we find the decentralised Klikr IR emitters. They definitely are at a lower cost but prove to be a practical extension for specific use cases. As an example: i use them to control the volume of my sound bar that for which i don't always have the remote control at hand.
- battery operated (CR3032), and using bluetooth 4.0 and IR emittors that should hold for quite some time
- Easy learning via smartphone app
- Easy copying of connected klikrs to other devices
- only supports devices that can be controlled via Infrared (IR), so no support for bluetooth, RF or other types of devices
- no advanced 'activity based actions' that can combine sequential actions (not even on a single device). This means that from a user's perspective, you still have to choose from a number of 'virtual' devices on your smartphone and control them all seperately as if you would take the seperate 'physical' devices.